19 November 2017

Self-Education

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" (Mark Twain)

“There is no greater education than one that is self-driven.” (Neil deGrasse Tyson)

"Self-education is a continuing source of pleasure to me, for the more I know, the fuller my life is and the better I appreciate my own existence" (Isaac Asimov)

"Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is. The only function of a school is to make self-education easier; failing that, it does nothing." (Isaac Asimov)

“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” (Jim Rohn)

“A formal education will teach you how to conform with society. Self-education will teach you how to get out of conformity so that you can fill your life with adventure and beauty.” (Debasish Mridha)

“I will simply express my strong belief, that that point of self-education which consists in teaching the mind to resist its desires and inclinations, until they are proved to be right, is the most important of all, not only in things of natural philosophy, but in every department of daily life.” (Michael Faraday)

“The highest culture is not obtained from the teacher when at school or college, so much as by our ever-diligent self-education when we become men.” (Samuel Smiles)

“Only a development of thought achieved through the self-education of the whole man can prevent any body of thought whatsoever from becoming a poison; can prevent enlightenment from becoming an agent of death.” (Karl Jaspers)

“Vitally important for a young man or woman is, first, to realize the value of education and then to cultivate earnestly, aggressively, ceaselessly, the habit of self-education.” (Bertie C Forbes)

"Every man who rises above the common level has received two educations: the first from his teachers; the second, more personal and important, from himself." (Edward Gibbon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Alexander von Humboldt - Collected Quotes

"Whatever relates to extent and quantity may be represented by geometrical figures. Statistical projections which speak to the senses w...